Thursday, June 14, 2007

Celebration Local Festivals

When travelling, one should immerse oneself in the culture and practices of the local people. One special way is to join in local celebrations and festivals. This can be most informative and provide an excellent insight into another culture. One can be a true intercultural explorer.

That brings me to the point. Next Sunday in this part of the world is a special day - a day of celebrating, feasting and giving of gifts to the respective male elders of the clan. Yes it is Fathers' Day.

Please send gifts to Robert, care of Shetland Islands.

4 comments:

theotherbear said...

Hadi ha ha. If I were there I would give you a pressie now AND on the Aussie Fathers Day of 1st Sunday in September.
Feel free to send airfares if you would like a present. It just wouldn't be the same to save one here for you.

gailandrob said...

Here it is Fathers' Day and not a present in sight. I even had to make the early morning tea and help prepare breakfast and dry the dishes afterwards.

theotherbear said...

Dad, I am still sitting here waiting for my airplane ticket to be delivered. So is by baggage handler (John). We would like to offer you a belated gift when you get home of 2 lovely cats, who have shredded my brand new leather lounge in the 2 weeks since I got it. If I knew exactly which one it was you could just take that one. Since we're not sure, you can have both. If we find out it was Ned, you can still have both.
Thanks for our postcard :)

Miss Di said...

I can give you a virtual box of chocolates!

I decided last night I am definately my fathers daughter. I found myself rinsing out a ziplock bag to recycle it because it was too good just to chuck out.