Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Food Glorious Food

You may recall we reported on the marvels of our hotel breakfast in Bratislava when we were offered beer, coca cola and rum balls at the buffet as well as all the usual fare.

Today in Brazil, we were disappointed that none of these appeared at the lavish breakfast buffet but we were delighted to see among the cereal, juice, fried eggs etc. a very large creme caramel which we enjoyed as dessert at the end of our meal.

We did not try all the cakes on offer but there were some very tasty small warm cheese buns and some "ham pies" - rather like a quiche which would have been a very tasty accompaniment to a glass of wine!

4 comments:

Dave said...

fond of food but not sure i could come at creme carmel for breakfeast

Amanda said...

Oh, I could. In fact I have been craving creme caramel something chronic. I have actually printed out about 6 recipes and am planning on trying them all this weekend! Along with a vanilla panna cotta with rhubarb jelly, that I am sort of making up from a combo of about 6 recipes. Mmmm.
Also, I think quiche for breakfast sounds very yummy.

Anonymous said...

Oh I could eat creme caramel at any time of day. Obviously eating dessert for breakfast is OK, I remember Dad giving us ice cream for breaky once.

Di

Amanda said...

Di, that was when we had a 6 litre tub and were heading to Conjola for the summer holidays - I think Dad may have wanted to turn off the freezer. Perhaps he should have thought of that before buying the large tub of ice cream. We all know Mum wouldn't have been silly enough to buy it days before we went away. That was a good breakfast although I am sure I remember thinking "Hmm, I've had enough ice cream now" :)