Saturday, May 12, 2007

Recovering in Singapore

After a few hectic days, our trip has finally commenced.

As soon as we were in the plane, it was a different feel. We celebrated with a Singapore Sling and a Gin Fizz, followed by a Brandy and Dry/ Gin and Tonic.

Robert watched "The Good Shepherd" while I slept and after lunch we both watched "Music and Lyrics". It was a great flight with wonderful service from the cabin crew.

We were in the hotel by 6 pm and in the pool by 6.30 pm. The hotel is in a great position overlooking the Singapore River at Robinson Quay and just a short stroll away from Clarke Quay with its outdoor restaurants.

We spent Saturday shopping and sightseeing. We walked around Chinatown and hit the shops and arcades of Orchard Rd. I am sorry to admit that I bought 2 pairs of shoes. I did however bring 1 less pair than I intended in anticipation.

Arrived back to the hotel exhausted but our feet felt better after a swim.

At the moment we are in the departure lounge at Singapore airport on Sunday morning en route to London. We did achieve our objective in Singapore - to feel relaxed and ready for a great holiday.

Happy birthday Amanda for yesterday and happy mothers day to all the mums out there.

8 comments:

theotherbear said...

You mean you can get cocktails on a plane???? I've never known to ask for them before.

And mum, well done for only getting 2 pairs of shoes, great restraint shown there.

Happy Mothers Day!!!!
xoxo

Miss Di said...

Happy flying and happy mothers day. Can't believe you only bought two pairs of shoes either. My friend Amanda bought 20 pairs when she was last in Singapore!

Big Sister said...

Might join you soon House is being pest and building inspected tomorrow so someone is interested. Love to you both

Big Sister said...

Sorry I'm the other Big Sister Robert's not Amanda's

ChrisB said...

I do hope the weather improves for your trip to London; its been pretty wet here in the UK this last week or so. (I personally live in Bristol- west country) I see you are off to Dublin that's where one of my daughter's live; that's also a lovely city. Hope you enjoy the sightseeing.

theotherbear said...

I can see I will not be able to read this after drinking a few glasses of chardy or I may confuse big sister with bigsister.
Good luck big sister with the house - fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

Hi you guys
Sounds like you are having a ball already. May be your calling was "travel agents". Di sent me the links so I am totally grateful as it wasn't working for me. Jetti sends her love and has been a good girl. Your family is mad by the way.

theotherbear said...

Margy we are not! :) hehehe well maybe a bit.